IR Sensor I3 MK3 3D Printer Filament Sensor MK3S MK2.5S Upgrade MK2.5/MK3 Detect Stuck Filament
Only 1 left in stock
Product Name: IR Sensor
(I3 MK3 TO MK3S UPGRADE NEW FILAMENT SENSOR)
Upgrade Filament Sensor:
The new sensor is using an optical sensor which is triggered by a simple mechanical lever.
This sensor doesn’t care about the optical properties of the filament (it can be completely
invisible) and cannot die because of mechanical wear.
IR Sensor Assembly:
1. Place the IR-sensor on the top of the Extruder-body and secure it with the M2x8.
2. Tighten the M2x8 screw, the sensor shouldn’t be able to move, but be careful the PCB
isn’t indestructible 😉
3. Connect the cable, mind the correct orientation of the connector and wires.
4. Leave a slack behind the sensor like in the picture. Don’t create a too big a loop as it might
interfere with the frame. If needed adjust the length by gently pulling/pushing the cable.
1. The optical filament encoder detects the presence of a filament and its movement.
2. The MK3 can recognize, that filament is running out, pause the print and ask the user to insert a new spool.
3. It can also detect stuck filament and offer the user an option to clean the nozzle.
Don not touch the black PCB nor the chips on it.
There are no reviews yet.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.